Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Documented

I am terrible at doing birthday layouts they always seem to get put out of the way and forgotten about.  When I got to play with the Simple Stories birthday collection this month at Scrapbook Nerd I was so excited to get some birthdays documented.

For my first project I wanted to make a mini album for my youngest son’s birthday. I was going to do a traditional mini album but once I saw the fun file folder journaling card I thought it would be fun to make a file folder type of mini album.

[Image: DocumentedBirthdayFile.jpg]


To make this album I took the corrugated cardstock and made the envelope just a bit larger than the 4” x 6” journaling card. To create the envelope pocket I cut the corrugated cardstock to 6.5" wide and 8.5" long. Then I folded it in half and used my Tiny Attacher and stapled the two sides together and left the top open to create a little pocket. I decorated the journaling card with some wood veneer and enamel dots.

For the inside I picked a few of the smaller 3” x 4” snap cards and cut down my photos to fit on the back side of them and glued them together.

[Image: DocumentedBirthdayFile1.jpg]



[Image: DocumentedBirthdayFile2.jpg]


I decorated the cards with some of the fun stickers that come with the collection and also some enamel dots and wood veneer.

[Image: DocumentedBirthdayFile3.jpg]



[Image: DocumentedBirthdayFile4.jpg]


These cards fit perfectly inside the envelope pocket and even leaves room for some larger photos if you had more you wanted to add.

If you want to scrapbook a birthday celebration this collection is perfect!

Thanks for stopping by.   Products used:

1 comment:

Bonjourscrap said...

Clever idea ! that's a super cute album !