Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Scrapbook Nerd February Tutorial

This week I am sharing my tutorial for making cute embellished paper clips over on the Scrapbook Nerd Blog.  With planners all the rage (I have one being shipped as we speak) I have seen some cute paper clips and other embellishments for them and thought I could make my own.


I made several different kinds but this tutorial (includes a video) shows how I make the clips using die cuts.  First gather up your supplies.  You will need paper, die cuts, clips, glue dots and foam tape.


If you are using two die cuts with the same shape it's super easy.  First place a glue dot on one of the die cuts and lay the paper clip on the glue dot. 


Add foam tape under and on top of the clip, this lets the 2nd die cut stick better.  Add a glue dot to the 2nd die cut and place on top of the first one.


Voila - so easy right. The heart one was made with my Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool Heart 25, the third one was made with some chipboard from the Maggie Holmes collection, the fourth one is ribbon, the 5th one is also chipboard and the last one is American Crafts glitter tape.


Here is the video showing another one made with the flower die cut from this collection.




Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these and I'm going to make some. TFS this ideašŸ˜€